Mountain Skills Course - 4 Days in Fort William
Are you looking to enjoy Britain's mountains on your own, to have the confidence to take friends and families out?
The four-day course will give you all the skills you need to be safe and enjoy those big days out. We’ll introduce you to the world of mountaineering and get you ready for your own mountain adventures. The first 2 days are the same as the 2-day course, on days 3 and 4 we head out into the wilderness with an overnight wild camp.
What does a Mountain Skills course cover?
- Planning – how to successfully plan a walk in the mountains.
- Weather – how it affects the mountains and your day out.
- Walking skills – what can make life easier - pace, nutrition, movement skills, steep and technical ground.
- Clothing and equipment
- Mountain Navigation – everything from selecting a compass and using a map to navigate in poor visibility and an intro to GPS.
- Hazards and emergency procedures in the mountains.
- Emergency procedures.
Who is the Mountain Skills course for?
Mountain Skills courses are for anyone interested in exploring Britain's mountains, and you should be sufficiently fit enough to enjoy a full day in the hills.
Where do we meet?
Our base for this course is the Youth Hostel at Glen Nevis, Fort William
Our Mountain Skills courses are accredited by Mountain Training. If you want to be accredited by Mountain Training for attending your course, please register via The Mountain Training Website by Clicking Here