Mountain Skills Course - 2 Days in Glenshee
Are you looking to enjoy Britain's mountains on your own, to have the confidence to take friends and families out?
The two-day course will give you all the skills you need to be safe and enjoy those big days out. We’ll introduce you to the world of mountaineering and get you ready for your own mountain adventures.
What does a Mountain Skills course cover?
- Planning – how to successfully plan a walk in the mountains.
- Weather – how it affects the mountains and your day out.
- Walking skills – what can make life easier - pace, nutrition, movement skills, steep and technical ground.
- Clothing and equipment
- Mountain Navigation – everything from selecting a compass and using a map to navigate in poor visibility and an intro to GPS.
- Hazards and emergency procedures in the mountains.
- Emergency procedures.
Who is the Mountain Skills course for?
Mountain Skills courses are for anyone interested in exploring Britain's mountains, and you should be sufficiently fit enough to enjoy a full day in the hills.
Where do we meet?
Our base for this course is the Ski Centre Cafe at Glenshee Ski Resort
You will need outdoor clothing
Waterproofs (Jacket and trousers)
Hat and Gloves
Food and drink for a full day in the hills
Ordnance Survey Map - OL52 1:25000
Compass - Ideally Silva Expedition 4
Waterproof Map Case
Walking Boots with Ankle support - ideally waterproof
Rucksack to carry everything - Ideally 35 Ltrs
Personal First Aid Kit
GPS Navigation device