Introduction to Map Reading and Navigation - 1 Day
What does this course cover?
- Introduction to different maps, map scales, key symbols, and features.
- How to orientate the map to determine your location.
- Planning and following a route using key features.
- Introduction to the compass and its basic features including bearings.
- Translating what you see on the ground to what you see on the map.
- Basic navigation strategies.
- How to estimate distances using pacing and timing.
Who is this course for?
The Introduction to Map Reading and Navigation course is for those who are interested in exploring our countryside or upland areas. No previous map reading or navigation experience is required.
Our Mountain Skills courses are accredited by Mountain Training. If you want to be accredited by Mountain Training for attending your course, please register via The Mountain Training Website by Clicking Here